I know folklore studies are called "folkloristics" and people who study folklore are called "folklorists".

Are there equivalent terms for mythology? Is there a single term for the study of mythology, and what do we call someone who studies mythology?


Mythologist - there is no such word in the Longman Dictionary of English Language and Culture. But there are other dictionaries of other languages and culture, for example: The Explanatory Dictionary of the Russian Language:

Мифолог - Ученый, исследователь в области мифологии (Толковый словарь Ушакова)

Mythologist - Scientist, researcher in the field of mythology

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.